forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginning DLL developer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced Help for VDS 5 & Up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidR
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Beginning DLL developer Reply with quote

Greetings,
I've been playing with teaching myself dll development recently and have built a very simple (standard windows) dll. It does nothing except return a hard-coded value.

Example: In the dll the Integer variable "Result" is simply defined as Result = 100

In VDS I do this:
Code:
LOADLIB Mytest.dll
INFO @LIB(Mytest.dll, Result, INT:)
FREELIB Mytest.dll

This returns 100 as expected.

However if I attempt to use a String variable like this: Result = "HELLO"
and use the following in VDS
Code:
LOADLIB Mytest.dll
INFO @LIB(Mytest.dll, Result, STR:)
FREELIB Mytest.dll

Instead of returning HELLO it simply returns the first character (in this case H).

I must confess I've not been able to get my head around the @ADDR() and @BINARY() functions which I suspect I'll need to use to get this to work. The MSDN information I've been able to find indicates that strings are returned differently from Integers but I've not been able to figure out what I need to do on the VDS end in order to make it happen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...
..............David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> Advanced Help for VDS 5 & Up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: