forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automate Delphi app.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lambo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Automate Delphi app. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am trying to automate an application written in Delphi. It is a Point Of Sale system driven by touch screen.

Using Spy. I find that most of the buttons on the main window are not visible (to Spy) but I can issue a window click command to any point that corresponds to a button and it will activate OK. eg:

WINDOW CLICK,#TQuickOrderForm,370,34 works ok.

This brings up what is more or less a modal dialog - a window with a rounded border and a bunch of buttons. Using spy I can see that the Class name of this "dialog" is TQuestionFom, but mousing over this thing I find the following:

1. Only the border reports a window name to the spy status bar - anywhere else just reports a null window name. The border area gives a class name of TQuestionForm

2. The buttons are invisible to spy - just like the parent window buttons. The buttons seem to be drawn on their own grid control with a class name of TDrawGrid. I can use WINDOW SETTEXT,@WINATPOINT... to give the grid a name which is then recognised by spy - so I know that VDS can deal with this control.

But no matter what I try, I cannot get VDS to issue a click to this control. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I trying to flog a dead horse? Any feedback welcome...

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
stewcam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be a way to do this in VDS but it would be much easier to use AutoHotkey, which is a free scripting language with an excellent user forum:

http://www.autohotkey.com

I like VDS but for automation AutoHotkey is much more powerful. The syntax is not dissimilar.
lambo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Delphi app automation. Reply with quote

stewcam, many thanks. I've messed with this for a week or so and for driving screens, it does everything I need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: