forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vdsipp problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alties

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Vdsipp problem Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a problem using vdsipp.dll. Sometimes, when I receive an email (emailed with Outlook) with attached some kind of photos (apparently equal to others), I do not have event POP31ONGETMAILDONE, and the program "vds 3 pop3 example.dsc" loop. Even if I restart the program, it happen again, only with that email.
If someone wanted to make some test, i will be happy for sending an email with the photo that it blocks all. Thanks

loop:
Code:

%C = @succ(@index(list1))
   rem ** download the email message **
   rem ** Set the file size of the message first to use for the
   rem progress **
   %S = @internet(pop3,msgsize,1,%C)
   INTERNET POP3,GETMAIL,1,%C
rem the loop.......   
   repeat
      if @not(@equal(%S,0))
        dialog set,progress1,@format(@fmul(@fdiv(@internet(pop3,transferbytes,1),%S),100),3.0)
      end 
     %%Event = @event()
   until @not(@null(%%Event))
   goto %%Event
  end
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a malformed header problem, the dll checks for how many message parts within the header of the email and continues until it finds all parts, if an error occurs then it never generates the ONMAILDONE event. I've somewhat fixed it, it will generate the event but I don't think that it will report all attachments correctly when it runs into an attachment such as the one you are using. Please try out the new version I just uploaded and see if it works.
Alties

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have tried the new version, but the result is the same one. Now, if you allow me, I will send you an email, with a photo.
Please try it and help me!! Sad

P.S.
I work with vds 4.5 and win2000
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup thats fine, send it to: support@pgware.com
PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem. The jpeg image you sent me seems to cause problems within the email header. I've managed to fix this, it now will generate the event and will show the email message but using the SAVEATTACH command to save the jpeg attachment will not work. I'm still trying to see why it won't save the attachment but so far haven't found why.

When I take the jpeg image you sent and open it in Windows Paint and then save it again as a jpeg, the file becomes 40 kb larger. When I email this new jpeg picture and check the pop account it works perfect and the file saves fine. But anytime I try with the jpeg image you sent me without any changes, it will load the email message fine now but trying to save the image attachment won't work, it simply does not save the file.

For now you can get the new update on the site, I'll keep looking for a solution to the SAVEATTACH issue though.
Alties

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help in solving this problem Very Happy
FreezingFire
Admin Team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGWARE wrote:
When I take the jpeg image you sent and open it in Windows Paint and then save it again as a jpeg, the file becomes 40 kb larger.

This could possibly be caused by different levels of compression of the image. Smile

PGWARE
Web Host

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it did look like some compression and/or mime issue was going on that the vdsipp wasn't able to deal with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: