forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Tommy and PGWARE DLLS together = memoryleak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marty
Professional Member
Professional Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Using Tommy and PGWARE DLLS together = memoryleak Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to inform everyone that using Tommy and PGWARE DLLs together in a VDS Application may cause an important memory leak.

For example:

Using VDSOBJ.dll (PGWARE) and VDSKEY.dll (Tommy) together in a VDS application. Once the compiled VDS app program starts it's at around 5 meg and could be at 7 meg an hour later, and continues to grow.. even if it's idle, not doing anything.

The investigation of this problem was done with Tommy and myself. The problem is in the way the buffer size of the DLL's are used (If you want more technical info, Tommy can explain).

I don't know if all combination of Tommy's DLLs and PGWARE's DLLs do have the same problem. But I tried a couple and they did. One thing I noticed if you load up Tommy's DLL before PGWAREs in your VDS Application, the leak seems slower..

Tests were done in Windows 2000 (using task manager), and may happen in other Windows versions, but I didn't try.

Thanks for Tommy for investigating the problem... Smile

Would be curious if the same problem happens under Windows 9x and XP...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: