forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index forum.vdsworld.com
Visit VDSWORLD.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transferring Data Between Incompatible Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Transferring Data Between Incompatible Applications Reply with quote

I have two applications which I would like to transfer data, from one to the other...
Because there are no import/export options, I figured I could use VDS as an intermediary.
As a test, I am using Word and Excel. Say in Excel I want to read/copy the cell contents and paste them into Word, complete with tabs between the data and carriage returns where the row ends and a new one begins.
There are the logisitics of checks for empty cells etc. I thought about using lists and posting the contents to an ini file maybe and then using that as a basis for creating the Word document.
Of course, the application I want to get the data into is very much a form-filling application, so I guess it will be tabbing and pasting, but questions arise on how I can keep an eye on where I am in the application and how to read the contents of the fields etc.
Am I expecting too much here?

Any thoughtss would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vdsworld.com Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: